Every year on Thanksgiving, folks gear up to prepare an royal feast for their friends and families. It’s not uncommon to feel a whole heap of pressure on your shoulders if you’re the one responsible for drumming everything up- especially the turkey. Well, with Butch and Telly Anthony from “This Is It BBQ & Seafood” in the room, they’ve got the best advice for taking the time to cook your turkey with love, not stress.
They also share their opinions about fried verses baked turkey, and how to get your gravy just right, especially when you’re frying the turkey. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive interview from the “Ed Lover Show.”
Listen to “Ed Lover Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
RELATED: Butch Anthony On Facing The Ultimatum To Quit His Job Or Abandon His Dream [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
RELATED: Barbecue Secrets You Need To Know [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
RELATED: How A Tribe Called Quest’s Jarobi White Cooked Up A New Hip-Hop Experience [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
11 Differences Between a Black & White Thanksgiving Dinner
11 photos Launch gallery
1. Black people love giblets in their gravy and white people -- just plain ol' brown gravy will do
1 of 11
2. Stuffing vs. Dressing -- you know we're all about the latter!
2 of 11
3. White people eat Green Bean Casserole whereas Black people eat Broccoli & Rice Casserole
3 of 11
4. We're all about that Sweet Potato Pie baby! No Pumpkin!
4 of 11
5. Black people always seem to be waiting on somebody to come back from the store with ice, drinks or something vital to the meal! White people are cleaning up by then.
5 of 11
6. You know we love our cornbread, while white people serve rolls.
6 of 11
7. We eat collard greens, white people eat spinach.
7 of 11
8. White people will just have a traditional turkey while black people will have a traditional turkey, a smoked turkey, and a deep fried turkey!!
8 of 11
9. White people tend to keep dinners to immediate family while black families have everyone and their mama there.
9 of 11
10. Casseroles- White people love Casseroles!
10 of 11
11. White people like mashed potatoes while black people love potato salad! (Don't forget the Paprika)
11 of 11