Lori Flowers came through to the “Ed Lover Show” to talk about the job interview tips she laid out in her new book, “A Seat At The Table: A Survival Guide For Women In Business” She talks about what she looks for first when she looks at an applicant’s resume; like format, correct grammar and tenses and the length of the resume. Lori also reveals how much you should doctor up the language on the resume, simply to give it more substance. But not too much, Lori cautions.
Lori also touches on what should not be on your resume. She also talks about the importance of your elevator pitch, because it’s an opportunity to really present yourself in the best way. Plus, they talk about why you should keep your personal aspirations to yourself. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from the “Ed Lover Show.”
Listen to “Ed Lover Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
Black Hollywood Aligns For 2016 Merge Summit That Inspires Professional & Personal Growth
1. DeVon FranklinSource:Visionary Instinct 1 of 11
2. Derek Luke & Sophia Adella LukeSource:Visionary Instinct 2 of 11
3. Mikki TaylorSource:Visionary Instinct 3 of 11
4. Sherri ShepherdSource:Visionary Instinct 4 of 11
5. Courtney B. VanceSource:Visionary Instinct 5 of 11
6. La'Porsha RenaeSource:Visionary Instinct 6 of 11
7. Brely Evans & Joe EddingsSource:Visionary Instinct 7 of 11
8. Richard LawsonSource:Visionary Instinct 8 of 11
9. Trai ByersSource:Visionary Instinct 9 of 11
10. Grace ByersSource:Visionary Instinct 10 of 11
11. Mona Scott-YoungSource:Visionary Instinct 11 of 11