Mary J. Blige talks with her longtime friend Ed Lover about her new album, “Strength Of A Woman,” saying that she titled it because “now I understand what that means.” She talks about getting through a lot of “madness,” and navigating the world of social media as a legendary artist who came up in a time when social media, blogging and gossip were not at the level that are at today.
Mary reflects on her beginnings in the projects in Yonkers, compared to being the woman and artist she is today. Plus, she explains why, despite already having 32 Grammy nominations, and having won 9, she is always excited when she gets a new nomination. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this interview from the “Ed Lover Show.”
RELATED: The Mistake Mary J. Blige Made With Kendu Isaacs [EXCLUSIVE]
RELATED: Should Mary J Blige Pay Her Ex-Husband Spousal Support? [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
RELATED: Check Out Mary J. Blige’s Full Interview With Hillary Clinton
11 Photos Of Mary J. Blige Killing The Game Back In ’92
11 photos Launch gallery
1. Mary takes over the stage in her signature look.
1 of 11
2. The R&B goddess takes a stance at the 7th Annual New York Music Awards.
2 of 11
3. How sweet does she look at the KMEL Summer Jam in 1992?
3 of 11
4. Mary J. & Joe Public win big at the New York Music Awards in ’92.
4 of 11
5. Mary J. Blige is all smiles in a hoodie and curls.
5 of 11
6. Mary does her one, two-step while performing in ’92.
6 of 11
7. She had a flawless smile, even back then.
7 of 11
8. Mary J. wins big at the 7th Annual New York Music Awards.
8 of 11
9. Show ’em who’s queen.
9 of 11
10. Super Cat and Mary chill backstage at the New York Music Awards in ’92.
10 of 11
11. Let’s get ’em, queen!
11 of 11