Often, when our favorite artists get popular, their come-up gets obscured behind their explosion onto the scene. But the truth is, your favorite artist was hustling long before their “overnight success.” In The “Ed Lover Show‘s “Behind The Hip Hop” segment, you get a close look into the hustle of hip hop’s hottest artists and how they worked to make a name for themselves.
Click on the audio player above to hear about Outkast‘s come up, from their awkward performance on local TV, to L.A. Reid‘s hesitancy to sign them, to their first feature on a TLC song, to eventually becoming one of the most successful hip-hop groups of all time. Find out how Oukast made hip hop history.
PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Kanye West, Jennifer Lopez, Outkast, & More
1. 3 Stacks: Outkast rocks the Wireless Festival stage in Birmingham, England.Source:WENN 1 of 10
2. Masked: Kanye West performs at the Wireless Festival in Birmingham.Source:WENN 2 of 10
3. Jennifer Lopez is escorted by Benny Medina while leaving a restaurant in Paris.Source:WENN 3 of 10
4. It’s a day at the beach for Gwen Stefani and husband Gavin Rossdale, as they splash with their son Zuma.Source:WENN 4 of 10
5. Sean Paul heats up the stage at the Wireless Festival.Source:WENN 5 of 10
6. Justin Bieber’s longtime friend Chantel Jeffries arrives at Heathrow Airport.Source:WENN 6 of 10
7. Josh Duhamel holds his son Axl after a coffee run in L.A.Source:WENN 7 of 10
8. Vanessa Hudgens hides behind her tray of smoothies after a workout in L.A.Source:WENN 8 of 10
9. Rich Kids: Dorothy Wang and Morgan Stewart of “Rich Kids Of Beverly Hills” hang out in Malibu.Source:WENN 9 of 10
10. Paris Hilton snaps phone pics from her balcony in L.A.Source:WENN 10 of 10