Source: Splash News
Superstars usually go big for their birthdays, but Jay Z‘s was pretty much the opposite this year.
The legendary rapper turned 47 on Sunday and brought in his big day with a low-key private dinner at Republique in Los Angeles with close friends and family. Guests included Kelly Rowland, her husband Tim Witherspoon, Beyoncé and her mom Tina Knowles-Lawson, her hubby Richard Lawson, and more.
According to Just Jared: Jay had a big green tarp set up around the entrance as to not be photographed, and enjoy a quiet dinner.
Seems like the perfect birthday for the man who already has everything he could ask for. See some photos from the big day here and check out a few celebs wishing Hov happy birthday below.
The Carters: Beyonce, Blue Ivy, & Jay Z Take Over Europe This Summer
17 photos Launch gallery
1. The Carters arrived to Capri, Italy in style this August.
1 of 17
2. Beyoncé & Jay Z were greeted in Capri by a bunch of happy fans.
2 of 17
3. Of course, Bey & Jay took jet skiing to another level. Check out Beyonce’s gown.
3 of 17
4. Bey enjoying time with her family in the South of France.
4 of 17
5. Daddy’s little girl, Blue Ivy Carter
5 of 17
6. Bey & Jay holds hands in the South of France.
6 of 17
7. Bonnie & Clyde.
7 of 17
8. Jay and Bey take their little one on the waters in the South of France.
8 of 17
9. Blue Ivy gets gangster in Nice on Sunday.
9 of 17
10. Bey’s waves are spinnning—plus a tiny braid for flair.
10 of 17
11 of 17
12. Blue asks Grandma Tina “Do you really know how to swim?” as she jumps into the water.
12 of 17
13. Tina goes in.
13 of 17
14. “I took a leap of faith, by jumping off the highest third story, on a boat into the ocean,” said Tina.
14 of 17
15. Tina shows off her amazing cheekbones.
15 of 17
16. “Sunnin and funnin” with her man.
16 of 17
17. Getting silly with boo Richard Lawson in the South of France.
17 of 17